Two weeks ago I posted a blog about carbohydrates.
Actually, my plan was to continue on that today. Because vegetables, fruit and legumes also largely consist of carbohydrates and I wanted to tell you more about that.
When I stepped into the Turkish supermarket last Saturday, the idea of carbohydrates part 2 was suddenly off the track for now..
Because oops oops oops, what delicious things I bought there.
That's so good, I had to give it priority. Partly because the product is only available in the Netherlands from May to July.
I am talking about Dominican mangos. That is somewhat different from the usually hard and tasteless mangoes from the supermarket.rkt.
They are yellower, smaller, sweeter and juicier than their tasteless cousins.
The owner told me that Surinamese and Pakistani mangos are also of the same quality..
So he also told me that this variety is only available here for three months a year, in May, June and July.
Wow, it's almost July!
So do you like mangos but do you want a really tasty meal
Then hurry to the Turkish supermarket and get ready!
For the IJburgers among you; I was at the Turkish supermarket on the Pampuslaan.
I made a delicious salad with the mangos and an alcohol-free cocktail and I would like to share the recipes with you..
The salad is a full-fledged meal on hot days and is already a favorite at home.
And if you have some left, it is delicious for lunch the next day.
For a large bowl of salad you need:
- 800 grams of chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 mangoss
- lots of bean sprouts
- lots of spring onions, cut into rings
- 2 yellow pepperss
- lots of fresh cilantro but if you are a hater you can also omit this. Or you replace it with fresh mintt)
And so you make it…
- Make a marinade from the fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and lime juice.
- Let the chicken thighs marinate in it for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken in a grill pan and let it cool.
- In the meantime, cut the pepper and mango into cubes and the spring onions into rings.
- Divide all this together with the bean sprouts in a bowl.
- When the chicken has cooled down, add it and mix everything together nicely.
- Bring if necessary. season with a little freshly ground sea salt and black pepper and garnish with the fresh coriander or fresh mint.).
For the non-alcoholic mango cocktail you need per person:
- 1/2 mango
- 200 ml bitter lemon
- ice cubes
- a few leaves of fresh mint
And so you make it…
- Puree the mango with one ice cube in a blender, this will make the mango puree thinner.).
- Then press the puree through a sieve into a measuring cup.
- Top with the bitter lemon and stir to combine.
- Fill a glass with the cocktail and add lots of ice cubes.
- Garnish with some fresh mint leaves.