We often eat pasta at home. I like a light, fresh salad with a pasta. Too often I end up with a simple green salad of a little arugula or lamb's lettuce with a few drops of lemon and a little extra virgin olive oil. I wanted something different, also because my eight-year-old daughter refuses to taste a bite of green salad. It had to be a salad that is still light, full of healthy nutritional values and more appealing to my daughter.s.
This is it: Romaine lettuce with orange, radishes, cucumber, pomegranate and sunflower seeds.
The fruit and radishes are packed with fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants and a variety of important minerals, including potassium. Potassium lowers blood pressure.
The sunflower seeds provide unsaturated fatty acids, antioxidant vitamin E and a few other important minerals, including manganese which also acts as an antioxidant. Unsaturated fats lower cholesterol. These healthy fats are also in the olive oil.e.
Antioxidants protect our cells against free radical attacks. Physical aging is a result of these attacks.
What has been a big improvement at the table since I have been making this salad is that my daughter nicely fishes out the orange slices, radishes, pomegranate seeds and sunflower seeds and in this way also gets her extra dose of healthy nutrients.
…you need this for 4 people:
- 2 crispy Romaine lettuce or if there are none, regular Romaine lettuce I always prefer 2 small ones instead of one large one, but that is personal.k.
- ½ cucumber
- 12 radishes
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp juice from the oranges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
…and this is how you make it:
- Cut the bottom of the lettuce and tear the leaves loose by turning the lettuce around the neck a few times from bottom to top.
- Thinly slice the cucumber with a cheese slicer.
- Peel the oranges and cut off most of the white. Then cut each wedge into three pieces and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and knock out the seeds with a spoon or cut the pomegranate into quarters and peel the seeds out.
- Cut the radishes into nice slices.
- Put everything together in a salad bowl.
- Make a dressing of 1 tbsp of the collected orange juice, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, a little freshly ground sea salt and black pepper and mix it with the salad.
- Finally, sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad.
Do you want to lose weight, gain weight or improve your energy level in a healthy way We are happy to help you with this. We have developed a number of very effective programs.Order your online program on our website and start living a healthier and fun life today.