We used to eat cauliflower with a paste at home. Delicious with a cucumber salad made with sugar and vinegar. I loved that as a child.
Although I have never prepared cauliflower this way myself, I would still love it if someone made it this way for me.
I still like cauliflower. But at home, the cauliflower meal had become extremely boring. Cauliflower, potatoes and a piece of chicken fillet with some cucumber slices on the side. No paste, no gravy and no vinegar and sugar dressing.r.
I wanted to eat cauliflower, but I couldn't give it some more flair and flavor. Yes, and to be fair, the porridge at our home did come from a bag and that is really out of date I hope I don't offend anyone nowig)
A while ago, the cauliflower suddenly underwent an enormous metamorphosis.
On the internet you found delicious recipes like roasted cauliflower from the oven, cauliflower curry or all kinds of cauliflower soup. Nowadays you can also make rice from cauliflower if you want to limit your carbohydrate intake.
I also shared a roasted cauliflower recipe on my website a while ago:
Since then, cauliflower has been eaten regularly at our home.
Often a good chunk of cauliflower is left over. Just too little to eat with the four of you, but also too much to throw in the organic bin with confidence..
I found a solution for that. I make delicious cauliflower humus from it.
Delicious on a wholemeal cracker, a toasted sandwich or as a dip with a drink. You can then dip with pieces of cucumber, carrot or celery.
You need this:
- 250 g cauliflower
- Half a clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon roasted paprika
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
And this is how you make it:
- Preheat an oven to 220 degrees. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and sprinkle the pieces of cauliflower with a little olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Roast the cauliflower florets in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are cooked through and have a slightly golden brown glow. Then let the cauliflower cool down.n.
- Place the roasted cauliflower in a blender, food processor or chopper. Add the cumin powder and grated garlic and mash the ingredients. Then add the olive oil, lemon juice and tahini paste a little at a time until you reach the desired texture. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.
You can easily keep the humus covered in the refrigerator for a few days. Before serving, sprinkle with some roasted paprika powder and a little olive oil.
Do you want to lose weight, gain weight or improve your energy level in a healthy way We are happy to help you with this. We have developed a number of very effective programs.Check out what we can do for you and book an intake and start living a healthier and fun life today.