I have another easy, tasty and healthy recipe for you today.
Penne bolognese, but not with minced meat but with finely ground cauliflower.
The result is nice and fresh, with a bite.’.
Another great thing about this pasta is that you don't have to make another salad on the side because it is already packed with vegetables.t.
Children also like it, which is also a very welcome side effect.
I always make a normal bolognese sauce with minced meat with fresh tomatoes that I mash myself. But somehow I don't like that in the bolognese sauce of cauliflower, it quickly turns into a cowardly vegetable sauce. Canned tomatoes have just a little more flavor. But that is completely personal.
For a large pan you need:
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 large carrots
- a cup of mushrooms
- an onion
- garlic to taste
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- dried oregano to taste
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil traditional
- whole grain or spelled penne
How are you:
- Cut the florets from the cauliflower and wash the florets under the tap.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wipe them clean with a paper towel.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into pieces.
- Grind this fine in the food processor, but make sure that there is still a structure. So do not puree completely.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry them translucent in the olive oil.
- Then add the vegetable mix and heat everything through.
- Then add the tomato cubes and stir everything one more time.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, sea salt and oregano.
- Let it simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne.
- Serve the penne with the Bolognese sauce.
Delicious with grated Parmesan cheese!